Wishing it was Saturday morning again


Happy Monday, Eaters! 

Has your day been as weird as mine? I find myself just wanting to go back to Saturday morning again... mainly because I made French Toast and it was awesome. 




You should totally try this next weekend (or tomorrow if you allow yourself more time for breakfast than I do in the morning). 

This makes 4 slices of French toast. Adjust accordingly...


1 large egg
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice 
zest of 1 orange (I was too hungry to waste time zesting... it doesn't make or break the recipe, but I have a feeling I'd be happier with the amount of orange-ness if I had zested.) 
4 thick slices of bread
2 tablespoons butter

In a small bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, milk, orange juice, and orange zest. Pour onto a rimmed plate.

Soak each slice of bread in the milk mixture for 30 seconds per side. Don't leave them in too long or they'll fall apart. Yes, this happened.

In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium low heat. Fry the soaked slices in the melted butter until golden.  

Serve warm, topped with whatever your heart desires. For me, that meant strawberries and syrup. Yum. 




1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover