Caprese Pasta by Frankenstein

I feel like I'm emerging from the woodwork.



Since we've last seen each other, I've been moving to Knoxville, traveling to Ukraine and generally having no idea where my kitchen is beneath all of the boxes.

I haven't located my measuring cups, but I didn't let that get me down: I still made a rather delicious caprese pasta. Original recipe found via Pinterest on this blog: Simply Scratch.

You'll need:
2 cups of orecchiette pasta
2 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup of Balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
Fresh basil
1 cup of mozzarella pearls

Cook your pasta. I used small shells because I couldn't find the orecchiette pasta the original recipe called for. Whatever. Moving on.

Put two cloves of garlic through a garlic press.
Pour 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar and whisk.
While whisking, slowly pour three tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.

Cut up a box of little grape tomatoes into fourths, cut your basil into ribbons and drain those mozzarella balls pearls.

This makes me want to go back to Italy. Immediately. Who's with me? 


Once your pasta is ready, drain it and then combine all the other good stuff. Season with salt, pepper and of course pour on the balsamic / olive oil / garlic concoction -- as much as you want. (I didn't end up using all of it.)



I ate it warm, but I plan on trying it cold for lunch tomorrow. Yay, leftovers!

Happy eating -- I'm sure glad to be back.



Note: Tried it cold... it's better zapped in the microwave. Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover